Sunday, October 15th 2017
Host of the 2017 and 2018 10 km road race provincial championship.
- Sylvie Girard: 450-922-0619
- Email: email@example.com
- Organized by: Club Les Francs Amis de Montréal and the Club Montériski
- The GOLD label sanction has been awarded by the Fédération québécoise d’athlétisme
- Please note that no strollers or baby joggers will be allowed on the 10 km course.
- Closed and secured race courses.
- Starting line mats for the 5 and 10 km races.
- Free race time certificates and photos from the Sportstats result’s page.
- Kilometer markers on each race course.
- Many portable toilets on race site. Water stations on the 5 km and 10 km courses: Rachel/Garnier and Rachel/De La Roche.
- Baggage check service.
- First aid services on the race site.
- Healthy post-race snack for participants.
- Same day on line results on www.sportstats.ca.
- Pay parking is available near Sherbrooke Street and Calixa-Lavallée Street. All streets surrounding the Parc La Fontaine will be closed to traffic at 9:15AM. We strongly suggest you travel by public transportation. Métro Sherbrooke is 800 metres from the Park.
Medals and Awards
- Prize money for the top 3 men and top 3 women in the 5k and 10 k races.
- Money prizes: 10 km = 1st: 200$, 2nd = 150$, 3rd = 100$.
- Money prizes: 5 km = 1st: 150$, 2nd = 100$, 3rd = 50$.
- Medals to the first three in each category in the 1 – 2 – 5 – 10 km, male and female.
- Medals to all finishers
- 5 km: Certification Athlétisme Canada QC-2014-133-BDC
- 10 km: Certification Athlétisme Canada QC-2014-134-BDC
Bibs will be available for distribution on Friday October 13th (9:00AM to 9:00PM) and Saturday October 14th (9:30AM to 4:30PM) at “L’Espace Concept Asics” at the Boutique Endurance.
All participants, over 18 years old, coming to the Boutique to pick up their bib will be eligible for a draw.
All the other bibs will be distributed at the Parc La Fontaine on race day beginning at 7:00AM.
The BIBTAG technology will be use at this event. This means that your timing device will be behind your bib number, not on your shoe. Therefore, you MUST wear your bib number over your running gear and MUST be visible for your time to be recorded. Race kits will be organized in Alphabetical order to facilitate distribution. Remember that if you are racing in more than one event, you MUST wear the correct BIBTAG (number) for each distance.
Limits in 2017: 2000 runners in the 5 k, 2500 runners in the 10 k and 6000 runners total for the event.
By entering any event, the runner allows the organizer to use all pictures taken during the day for their promotional needs if necessary. If runner does not wish pictures to be used, he/she must inform the organizer of this decision by sending an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 1: Register online
We strongly recommend this option: it is safe, fast, convenient and you will receive immediate confirmation that you are in the event. Remember you can register online until Tuesday October 10th, 11:59PM.
Option 2: By Mail: contact the race director to receive the entry form.
Your entry must be received 14 days before the event.
Option 3: Race Day: Registration available at 7:30AM on race day and will close 30 minutes prior to each event. Our goal is to increase pre-registration to 90%.
|2 km (12-19 yrs)||$10||$10||$15|
|2 km (20 yrs and over)||$20||$18||$25|
|1 km (11 yrs and under)||$10||$10||$15|
|1 km (Girls 11 yrs and under)||12:00PM|
|1 km (Boys 11 yrs and under)||12:15PM|
How to get there
Metro Station: Sherbrooke (orange line). Walking distance of 800 metres.
2014: new 5k and 10k courses
|1 km||Women||Jade Custeau||3:28.1||2012|
|1 km||Men||Ismael Ben Mohamed||3:24.8||2012|
|2 km||Women||Jade Bérubé||6:42.90||2012|
|2 km||Men||Thomas Cauchi||5:56.5||2015|
|5 km||Women||Joanie Roy||16:37.3||2014|
|5 km||Men||Patrice Labonté||15:09.2||2015|
|10 km||Women||Andrée Paquet||37:48.7||2014|
|10 km||Men||David Leporho||30:59.8||2015|
Records on the old courses (2011 and before)
|1 km||Women||Emy Legault||3:29.20||2007|
|1 km||Men||Xavier Bertrand||3:16.60||2007|
|2 km||Women||Serene Lefevre||6:43.90||2007|
|2 km||Men||Etienne Leblanc||6:11.90||2009|
|5 km||Women||Émilie Mondor||16:09.20||1998|
|5 km||Men||Fethi Oukid||15:07.41||2003|
|10 km||Women||Myriam Grenon||35:42.8||2010|
|10 km||Men||Baghdad Rachem||30:27.40||2008|