Sunday, October 14th 2018
Host of the 2018 10 km road race provincial championship.
- Sylvie Girard: 450-922-0619
- Email: email@example.com
- Organized by: Club Les Francs Amis de Montréal and the Club Montériski
- The GOLD label sanction has been awarded by the Fédération québécoise d’athlétisme
- Please note that no strollers or baby joggers will be allowed on the 10 km course.
- Closed and secured race courses.
- Starting line mats for the 5 and 10 km races.
- Free race time certificates and photos from the Sportstats result’s page.
- Kilometer markers on each race course.
- Many portable toilets on race site. Water stations on the 5 km and 10 km courses: Rachel/Garnier and Rachel/De La Roche.
- Baggage check service.
- First aid services on the race site.
- Healthy post-race snack for participants.
- Same day on line results on www.sportstats.ca.
- Pay parking is available near Sherbrooke Street and Calixa-Lavallée Street. All streets surrounding the Parc La Fontaine will be closed to traffic at 9:15AM. We strongly suggest you travel by public transportation. Métro Sherbrooke is 800 metres from the Park.
Medals and Awards
- Prize money for the top 3 men and top 3 women in the 5k and 10 k races.
- Money prizes: 10 km = 1st: 600$, 2nd = 450$, 3rd = 200$.
- Money prizes: 5 km = 1st: 150$, 2nd = 100$, 3rd = 50$.
- Medals to the first three in each category in the 1 – 2 – 5 – 10 km, male and female.
- Medals to all finishers
To get prize money, runners must be FQA affiliated.
- 5 km: Certification Athlétisme Canada QC-2014-133-BDC
- 10 km: Certification Athlétisme Canada QC-2014-134-BDC
Bibs will be available for distribution on Friday October 13th (9:00AM to 9:00PM) and Saturday October 14th (9:30AM to 4:30PM) at L’Espace Expérience New Balance at the Boutique Endurance.
All participants, over 18 years old, coming to the Boutique to pick up their bib will be eligible for a draw.
All the other bibs will be distributed at the Parc La Fontaine on race day beginning at 7:00AM.
You must wear your bib number over your running gear for your time to be recorded. If you are racing in more than one event, you must wear the correct bib for each distance.
Limits in 2018: 2000 runners in the 5 k, 2500 runners in the 10 k and 6000 runners total for the event.
By entering any event, the runner allows the organizer to use all pictures taken during the day for their promotional needs if necessary. If runner does not wish pictures to be used, he/she must inform the organizer of this decision by sending an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
On site registration starts at 7:30AM on race day, closing 30 minutes prior to each event.
|Race||Until March 25||Until September 2||Until October 10||On site|
|1 km (11 yrs and under)||10$||10$||10$||15$|
|2 km (19 yrs and under)||10$||10$||10$||15$|
|2 km (20 yrs and over)||18$||18$||18$||25$|
|1 km (Girls 11 yrs and under)||12:00PM|
|1 km (Boys 11 yrs and under)||12:15PM|
How to get there
Metro Station: Sherbrooke (orange line). Walking distance of 800 metres.
2014: new 5k and 10k courses
|1 km||Women||Jade Custeau||3:28.1||2012|
|1 km||Men||Ismael Ben Mohamed||3:24.8||2012|
|2 km||Women||Jade Bérubé||6:42.90||2012|
|2 km||Men||Thomas Cauchi||5:56.5||2015|
|5 km||Women||Joanie Roy||16:37.3||2014|
|5 km||Men||Patrice Labonté||15:09.2||2015|
|10 km||Women||Andrée Paquet||37:48.7||2014|
|10 km||Men||David Leporho||30:59.8||2015|
Records on the old courses (2011 and before)
|1 km||Women||Emy Legault||3:29.20||2007|
|1 km||Men||Xavier Bertrand||3:16.60||2007|
|2 km||Women||Serene Lefevre||6:43.90||2007|
|2 km||Men||Etienne Leblanc||6:11.90||2009|
|5 km||Women||Émilie Mondor||16:09.20||1998|
|5 km||Men||Fethi Oukid||15:07.41||2003|
|10 km||Women||Myriam Grenon||35:42.8||2010|
|10 km||Men||Baghdad Rachem||30:27.40||2008|